Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bye Bye Business Jungle

I saw a movie this week that changed, or rather, reminded me of a thought process I forgot about.  All this business angst I've been carrying around is keeping me from being my best.

In her book Eat, Pray, Love, Liz Gilbert describes a method of thinking about the past and your troubles in a way that makes total sense, but I often forget about in the moment.

In the book (and the movie), a friend tells the protagonist to, "Send it light, send it love, then drop it."

The protagonist is talking about a failed and missed relationship and how hard it is to let go and the friend simply tells her that it's ok to miss things and love them, but you need to just learn to send it light, send it love, then drop it. 

I realized that I'm not doing that in the process of letting go of the business world that I just don't fit into.  I'm angry at the process and the lack of respect of people on a day to day basis, but being angsty isn't going to change my reality. 

So this month, I'm trying something new.  Every time I'm reminded of the misery of my old job or the current misery of another's job, I simply need to send that world light, send it love, then drop it.  It's one single facet of a life, not the whole part. 

In that same vein, that means after only a few short months, I'm retiring this blog.   No need for the angst baby, no need for the angst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment